If you are a home service pro and just got a website, you probably have a few questions running through your mind: What should I do next? How do I advertise my website? How can this website help me grow my business? It is important to think of your website like a really good tool in your tool belt: to get the most out of your website, you have to put the tool to good use.
Let’s start with the basics! When you get a website there are 3 main tasks you should do:
1) Add your website to your Google My Business (GMB) listing
Why: Your Google My Business listing has the biggest impact on your SEO and search presence as it is the first thing that Google displays after showing paid advertisements in the search results for home service businesses. Having a website on your Google My Business shows the legitimacy of your business to potential customers and allows individuals to visit your website directly from the search results. As a result, customers will be much more likely to consider your business if they have immediate access to your website and services.
Did you know?: Out of more than 300 home service websites analyzed, those that performed in the top 10% for generating leads almost all had a Google My Business listing (85%).
How to add your website to your Google My Business listing:
- If you already have a Google My Business listing: How to Add Your Website to Google My Business Listing
- If you need assistance setting up a Google My Business listing, the ProPhone team offers this as a service. Contact us at 857-365-6868 or contact your coach directly for help.
- If you want to set up your Google My Business listing on your own: How to Set Up Google My Business Listing for Home Services Businesses
2) Add your website to your existing social media accounts
Why: Social media is a great way to advertise and market your business to potential customers. With a click of a button, you can reach a large group of people and attract potential customers! However, in terms of actually describing the services your business offers, social media is limited. When potential customers come across your social media account, they may want to learn more about your service business, so linking your website establishes your credibility and gives them a place to easily contact you as well as find out more about your business.
How to add your website to your social media accounts:
- Facebook Page: How to Add Your Website to Your Facebook Business Page
- Instagram Page: How to Add Your Website to Your Instagram Page
- TikTok: How to Add Your Website to Your TikTok Page
3) Add your website to your email signature
Why: Adding your website can help drive more referrals, repeat business, and close more deals. When you are sending proposals, your prospects can see the credibility of your business through your website. From their inbox, they can directly click on your website link and view your business and service offerings. Plus, when past customers are happy with your service, they can easily forward your email to their friends/family who can go to your site to learn more. Their friends and family can then send it to their own friends/family, creating a chain reaction.
How to add your website to your email signature: How to Include Your Website Link in Your Email Signature
Beyond the basics, there is a lot that you can do to promote your business utilizing your website as a critical tool:
1) Clavin Painting posted about their new website on their Facebook page - and got over 20 shares!
- Don’t just add the link to your website to your Facebook page, but also make a post about the site. Asking your customers for feedback on it will encourage them to check it out and potentially share it!
2) The BayEast Hauling Team had a custom sign built for their trailer with their website URL included
- Advertising your website on your trailer through truck magnets and custom signs can help neighbors of your client or random customers on the road explore more of your brand. Often, customers will see a company name and type it into Google to learn more.
3) Fresh Rides Pro Wash posted their website URL on their Facebook business page as well as instructions on how easy it is to book online!
- Over 50% of local small business customers express that they would rather book online than call. Posts that highlight this other option and make it easy to navigate to your website can drive increased traffic for your business!
4) The BayEast Hauling Services Team also posted to local Facebook community groups with their link included
- Including the website URL in your Facebook community group posts makes it easier for potential customers to view your services and contact you!
5) Alabama Extra Mile added their website URL to team apparel
- Adding your website to your apparel not only increases the professionalism of your team on-site but also serves as free marketing when your team is in public or runs into your clients' neighbors!
6) The Granger's Yard and Snow team utilized their website for a special holiday giveaway and promoted it on Facebook
- You can repurpose part of your website to showcase special projects or giveaways you are offering. Plus, a website can be easily shared by your customers, who may know others interested in the giveaway.
If you are looking for additional ways to utilize your website to drive business growth, you can consider making the following items with your website URL included:
General Business Items
- Business Cards
- Door Hangers
- Yard Signs
- Bumper Stickers
- Truck Magnets
Customer Appreciation Items
- “Thank You” Cards
- Promotional Basket for loyal customers with a pen, notebook, keychain, mug, etc.
Overall, it is important to remember that your website is a power tool to help grow your business. However, do not forget: the more you utilize the tool, the more you will get out of it! Customers prefer researching businesses online over calling on the phone, and your website enables customers to do so. If you are wondering about the other ways you can market your website, do not hesitate to message the ProPhone team at 857-365-6868.
If you do not yet have a website for your service business, get a free first draft from the ProPhone team and explore the easiest way to grow your business online!